Just because you’re going to the registry office to get married, doesn’t mean you can’t have a beautiful dress. You will look stunning in your outfit no matter what you wear. But what will you wear? Perhaps a gorgeous registry office wedding dress!
Even though there aren’t any hard and fast rules for what to wear to a registry office wedding, it can be pretty difficult to know what to wear.
Any kind of attire is acceptable – brides who are having registry office weddings may want to opt for traditional wedding dresses while others may want to dress in a suit, jumpsuit, or jeans. It is also possible to go totally off the beaten path, wearing something totally different. No rule says you have to wear a white dress.
Keeping up with the changing face of wedding styles, we’ve rounded up the hottest registry office wedding dresses of the moment. But before you shop, read our tips for dressing for this type of wedding. By following them, you will look absolutely stunning.
Table of Contents
Wedding Outfit Ideas for Registry Office Weddings -Advice to Brides
- Consider whether your civil ceremony is the main event or whether it’s just the prelude to your beach wedding. In both cases, of course, you’ll want to look your finest, but if the main event is the affair, you might opt for a dressier look. You might want to try a mini dress or even jumpsuit, which is a more modern bride approach to the wedding dress if you’re attending wedding celebrations afterwards.
- Take into consideration where the registry office is. Is your wedding in the city? Will it be like Gretna Green in the country? The location of the civil ceremonies register offices will likely impact the style of outfit you choose.
- Another piece of advice is to consider is the season your wedding is taking place. If you are having a winter wedding, you might opt for an outfit that will feel warm.
- Consider your personal style. Don’t go for anything completely out of the ordinary simply because you feel compelled to. On your wedding day, you’re usually presented like the ultimate version of yourself… not someone else. Modern brides may want a jumpsuit or fitted suit, whilst traditional brides may prefer a short or long dress with frills galore.
- Think about if you are having any bridesmaids or a wedding party at your civil ceremony too. You might want your outfits to complement each other.
- Do you know the most basic rule? You should wear what you adore. It should go without saying, but whether you want to wear a bold bridal gown, or something delicate, or even a skintight suit, keep in mind that it’s your day and anything goes.
Beautiful Wedding Dresses for A Civil Wedding Ceremony
Whether you are after a traditional wedding dress or something a little more 21st Century. Take a look at these outfits and bridal dresses to inspire you to find your perfect outfit.
Borgo de Nor’s Tabitha gown is an elegant piece fit for a contemporary love storey. This white gown exudes romance with exquisite guipure lace inserts and puff sleeves, a flared short skirt, and the favourite design, on a wedding dress, of an enticing open back.
Amina X Wolford’s white dress features a high split at one leg for a dramatic aesthetic accent. This thin design is cut from appealing stretch-jersey and features a sleek high neckline and long sleeves.
If you are after a tea length wedding dress with a vintage vibe, then this dress could be perfect for you! It’s a cute and chic outfit that portrays that you are daring and have style. But I love this dress as it is sort of a casual wedding dress too.
I love this dress. It’s so cute with the bandeau neckline, the beautiful lace and the fit and flare gown silhouette. This is definitely a dress for the bride who wants a wedding dress, but not too extravagant.
Galvan has designed a simple, elegant jumpsuit that can be worn from your ceremony to your dinner celebrations without feeling too bridal. If you want to purchase an outfit that you can wear again, this is a great option.
Bridal Outfits for the Mature Bride
Just because you’re perhaps a 50-plus bride doesn’t mean you can’t look drop-dead gorgeous too! Push yourself out of your comfort zone with the dress style, as you deserve to be the centre of the room on your wedding day.
Take a look at the bridal collection below to find your perfect wedding dress, hopefully.
This dress is a beauty. A simple cut and a touch of sparkle make this an easy wear dress. Put on a pair of heels, complimentary earrings, and a beautiful bouquet of flowers to complete the look.
True Decadence jumpsuit has a luxurious plunge front and low back. A zip closure features at the back, with black piping and a Lilac White Daisy Lace detailing print on the front. It may be a little out there for an older bride, but I think it could look absolutely fabulous on a mature woman.
Bec and Bridge have designed a beautifully simple wedding dress style of dress in ivory. The boat neck is ultra-flattering, and the price is too. Making this an affordable wedding dress!
This beautiful mid-length, draped neckline dress is flawless. This dress also comes in 2 colours, so if you’re not sure that white is for you, what about a berry red? You could also pair this dress with a belt to make it a little more casual.
Rat & Boa’s white and silver fil-coupé chiffon dress adheres to the label’s effortlessly feminine design — a vintage wedding dress-inspired style. It’s slim-fitting with a plunging V-neckline, and extended bodice panels that serve as cap sleeves then accented with feminine ruffles and completed with front button closure make this a dress for a fashion-forward bride.
Can you wear a wedding dress in a registry office?
You certainly can. Just because you have a smaller ceremony than others at your register office does not mean you can’t go all out with your attire. Many shops provide a variety of elegant, modest gowns that would be ideal for your registry office wedding gown.
Do you have bridesmaids at a registry office wedding?
You have the option of having one or two bridesmaids and a best man. If you like, you may combine their clothing and accessories, such as flowers. If you choose, younger members of your family can still serve as flower girls and ring bearers.
What should a bride wear to a registry office wedding?
In brief, anything goes — brides who are just having a register office wedding may choose to wear a conventional wedding gown, but others may like to wear a suit, jumpsuit, or anything shorter. You may also go completely off-book and dress in a completely other style or colour.